Is your WiFi in fact sluggish? Do you think that there is someone who is stealing your WiFi? This article will tell you how to find out who is lurking on your WiFi, so keep reading!
Deal with with your funny acting Interent with help of our simple advices!
Is someone using my WiFi?
If you want to find out how to know when someone is on your WiFi, this is the best place to find it out. If you are scared of this, who might be the person lurking on your WiFi, mostly it is someone who simply needs a WiFi connection (it may be even a person with who you have shared your password some time ago).
How to get rid of unwanted people that uses your WiFi? Well to be honest the simplest way to do it is to change your password and just not to share your new one. However you may go a bit deeper and find out exactly who is the person who uses your WiFi connection since there are couple of ways to do so.
How to find out who has access to your network?
Wanna find out who is the one that has access to your network? Well the most accurate way to access a list of connected devices that are log into your router’s settings page. To do so your router has to be provided by The Internet service, then you may be able to log into your account very easy and find those informations.
Another way is to use phone app like for example Netgear’s Nighthawk and Orbi. Those phone apps are designed to manage the router settings for the specific devices.
One more way to find it out is possible if you have provided your own router. If so then you should access the router settings just by the access informations that can be found in the back of your router.
Find out how to keep outsiders away
Here we will be giving you couple of tips on how to keep putsiders away from your network. If you feel like someone is stealing your WiFi it is a good idea to strengthen your security. For example if you do not have password yet, you should have one! Here goes couple of steps that you should follow to protect your network from unwanted guests:
- Step one is to change your password. You should just look for pre-shared key that is in your security settings. When you will change the password your unwanted WiFi users will be disconnected, but your devices will also be this way, that is why you should reconnect it once again.
- Step two is to change your router name, you should locate the Service Set Identifier. This is going to be found in the Wireless setting menu.
- Step three is this that it is important to use in fact the strongest wireless network encryption available for consumers. That is why you may way to start thinking about getting a router that features WPA3.
Here we are about to give you couple of useful tips that you may want to feel like using when it comes to protecting your WiFi connection.
- never use your name or adress as a password,
- do not use passwords that are the same as your network name,
- do not share your password with strangers or even your neighbors,
- if is a good idea to turn off your WiFi network when you leave home,
- you can simply create a home guest network,
- limit the access to your wireless network,
- never use the default password.
It is very important to have good security when it comes to your network, that is why you should be aware of all of these tips, since they may help you in protecting your network.
Now you know everything you are supposed to know about this how to secure your WiFi and also about this how to find out who is lurking your Wifi. Follow all tips we have given you here and you will for sure get rid of unwanted guests to your WiFi connection.
We hope that this article was at least a bit helpful and that it made your Internet use better!
One thought on “Sluggish Internet? Find out how to see who is lurking on your WiFi”
I didn’t know before that I could find out such things. Thanks to this very helpful article I know now how to do protect my network.